At Farndon Fields the children have a choice of school dinners or they may prefer to bring a packed lunch. The school has recently taken catering in-house and operates a kitchen with meals cooked on the premises and there is a daily choice of menu, including vegetarian and special diet meals. The menus change to reflect seasonal produce and to take into account feedback from parents and particularly from children.
Meals are ordered in class each morning and they must be paid for in advance. The cost of school meals is £2.20 per meal (£11.00 per week). Payments can be made weekly, monthly or termly. Meals can be paid for by cash, cheque (payable to Farndon Fields Primary School) or through our secure online system (click here).
All children may bring in their own fruit or vegetables to eat at morning break. As part of the Fruit in Schools programme children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are provided with a free piece of fruit daily.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
To apply for Free School Meals: